Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Day at the Beach

Who would have thought that our first day at the beach would happen in Iowa--about as far away from any ocean as you can get? Well, we finally had a warm day so we loaded up, packed a picnic and went to the beach. We had a lot of fun too. I thought Ashtyn would be a little leary (always the cautions one) but she went nuts. In fact, we went back 2 days later because she kept saying "I want go Raccoon River Park." So, we did. :) It's a nice little lake that has a 'beach,' walking path, areas to fish, nice play ground, etc.





And now, it's back to work. Tyler has a busy few weeks ahead of him at school, and I started teaching another semester of Health Science Microbiology. I have 75 students this semester--almost double what I've had previously. yuck. That means double the grading.... They seemed like a pretty good bunch this morning though: sat close, answered my questions, even ASKED questions. It's a good sign. :)
Soooo does anyone have a 3T Dorothy costume they want to mail me? The ones online are pretty ugly and Ashtyn has decided she wants to be Dorothy (with a little encouragement from her mother--her little cousin David is going to be a lion and we're hoping with some, OK A LOT, of encouragement maybe the husbands would be willing to dress up too and we can all be the wizard of oz gang.) :) fun!!! She wanted to be a cupcake (she came up with that one on her own!) but after I showed her the "follow the yellow brick road" song on youtube, she thinks Dorothy is pretty cool. I might try to make her one, but that would seriously testing the limits of my sewing capabilities (and patience).
Anyway, have a nice week everyone!

3 comments:

RAPN! said...

hey checkout ebay for dorothy costumes.
just do a search engine for:dorothy costume
she is getting so big! never knew their were beaches in iowa! fun!

Christia said...

Awww we LOVE Raccoon River Park! She will be a darling Dorothy!

Jace and Tami said...

I can't believe she is wearing 3T already. Landon must be a midget he isn't quite into 2T yet. Oh well, that makes it easier for me to carry him while pregnant! How is pregnancy going for you? I'm at the huge uncomfortable stage.