Sunday, December 8, 2013
Neighborhood Walk
Ha! I love these girls.
They add so much fun and spark to life. Before the sudden shift to frigid temperatures, we went for a walk through the neighborhood and down to the "gully" as we call it--where the juniper trees come down the side of the hill and weave their way through the neighborhood.
The girls were prepared with their warm hats, coats, stretchy gloves and of course sunglasses since the day was so sunny.
Silly Ashytn still doesn't want to ride her bike.... I've kind of given up on that and gone with the she'll-do-it-when-she-wants-to philosophy.
We had a nice time visiting with all the folks putting up their outdoor Christmas decorations on the way--I kept thinking that we should be smart and do the same thing (now that it is 4 F outside at midday, I'm wondering if we'll ever get them up). Oh well. We had a plan! To the gulley!
And what a pleasant walk it was. So worth it. Just this little strip of wilderness in our very own neighborhood.
I know our next move will be exciting and good and that we will be happy and love where we will be (or else we wouldn't be going in the first place), but I must say, my heart feels a bit heavy when I think of what we will be leaving....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Where are you headed? We are moving to. I just got my first house, and now I have to move. :(
We are headed to a small town. Nederland, TX near Port Arthur, TX. Close to the Louisiana border.
Hope you are headed some place better than I. But...I must go where the husband goes. Being together as a family is the most important thing. :)
Good luck!
Post a Comment