Friday, September 3, 2010
Home tour
I was going to wait to take pictures until our house was "clean" and "done," but at that rate, it wasn't getting done. So, here's a few pictures of our Casper home.
Home sweet home.And best of all--no ajoining walls and a real yard. :) It's our first house--sure, we are renting and we live in the "projects" (yikes!!) but it's our first house and we hope we never have to go back to apartment living.
Spare room: This serves as a guest room, craft room, linen closet, plant hospital (some of my plants had a rough trip out here, but they are recovering well), and overall catch-all junk room. :)
Living room:
I'm proud of my drapes--whole kit and caboodle was under $20. Gotta love Big Lots.
Dining room: Any one have some inspiration for some kind of window treatment here? I now have my awesome AeroGarden on the table growing cherry tomatos.
Ashtyn's room: Alas, I didn't put up her old tree mural I painted for her. Or the yellow walls. Or the pretty pink butterflies. BUT, these wall stickers were a huge hit. She loves them and thought they were pretty fun to apply. ($10 Target). Since the photo, I got some curtain hooks to hold these curtains back; it looks really cute. On a side note about the curtains though--I'm not real impressed with these ones. They are supposed to be "black-out curtains." HA! not at all. (Got them at Target. buyer beware.) I'm thinking of sewing another panel of blackout fabric on the back--I hear you can just buy it at a fabric store?
We don't have Ashtyn's nice bed spread on either becaue my stubborn child refuses to sleep unless all blankets on the bed are over her head. To prevent smothering and over-heating, I just removed all but the sheet.
Master bedroom:
We love visitors....
Happy Labor Day Weekend All!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are so crafty, I bet you could make some cool Roman shades for your dining room.
we missed you at the roomate reunion. Your girls are growing so fast. Moving....hum dont envy but it makesme wish i were on vacation. I love the house!!! darling no matter where it's located:)best of luck with the change.
So fun to see your new place. Thanks for sharing. I too was intended to wait until our house was "all put together and clean" before posting pictures but lets see, its been almost 11 months and that still seems a long way off. I should just take some and put them up. I have some questions about hyponobirthing for you so if you think of it call me next week when you have some down time. Off to the garage to refinish a headboard for our bed!
Post a Comment