Saturday, May 31, 2014
Sandpoint--Final Day
For our fourth and final day in Sandpoint, we decided to go hiking. Tyler had already been on a few hikes in the weekend prior to us coming, so he knew of a good kid-friendly one to take us on.
(He also took me on a nice hike one evening after we put the kids down.)
Like all good hikes in the mountains, there were all sorts of interesting things to look at on this hike.
Like this hollow log:
Or these tiny little orange mushrooms growing on a different log:
We passed several dead trees that had these larger white fungi growing out from the sides:
And I don't even know what this green shelf-like thing is that is growing on the moss, but I like it!
Then the reward for this short little hike is a beautiful view!
I really like this shot:
Then back to the condo, cleaned, packed and home we went.
It was a good trip. I always like seeing something new, and this was a lovely little spot with cute shops, a fun lake and beautiful mountains all around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment