Thursday, May 23, 2013
Stop Growing Up Already!!!
Well, Ashtyn had her last day of kindergarten. I can hardly believe it. When I dropped her off at school this morning she said, "why did you hug me so long?"
"Because that is the last time I will get to hug Ashtyn kindergartener!" I said.
And when I had the idea this morning to take a picture of the last day of school and compare it with the first day of school, I was thinking how it'd be fun to see how much Ashtyn had grown and how it'd be fun to see that Madelyn came this year.
But what really gets me is Corinne!
Ahhh! What happened? She was just a baby last fall! Now look at her! All cute and practically grown up. She's clearly a kid now.
I kept thinking that she seemed so much more mature lately, and clearly it wasn't just in my mind. She has such a delightful sense of humor...I love how she is always cracking herself up.
And of course, we had Kindergarten Graduation. Sniff, sniff. I must say it made my eyes a bit moist to see Ashtyn up there, so stinking cute, singing her songs, in a cap and gown. Kindergarten. Done. Wow.
The whole program was crazy cute. All the little kids were singing and doing their actions, really getting into it. Loved it. :)
Here she is, doing her speaking part, "Remember way last fall, when I was only just this tall?"
With her little buddy Trevor.
And now little Maddie is 1/2 a year old. What the heck?! Enough with the growing up stuff! I mean, sure she is crazy cute and gives meaning to the phrase, "bundle of joy," but I can't believe she is already that old. She's been eating a bit of solids lately and enjoying it. She just SEEMS older. Almost sitting unsupported, eating her solids, rolling over, always curious and squirming to get a better look at something, loves playing with toys.....
I can't believe that today is gone forever....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
love the growth!
Post a Comment