Sunday, May 5, 2013

jumping, tumbling, pretending



Phew, it's been awhile!
What can I say, things have seemed extra busy. Then my computer broke. Well, to be precise, our computer's start button broke. Everything about it was fine, except we couldn't turn it on. Doesn't do much when it's off.... So, that was kind of stressful. Also kind of nice. I got a little taste of what life would be like if I wasn't teaching online at Mercy or blogging at Everyday Art. (I read Hubble's Universe. A-maze-ing. Reminded me why I fantasized about being an astronomer for so long.)

Anyway, computer is up and running again. I will say, once I got it back, I immediately backed up everything. Now I have new pictures of the kiddos to show and all sorts of stuff to prep for the ol' EA blog (paper mache, yummy raspberry desserts, knit hats, paper pots for your garden, etc., etc.)

Have I ever mentioned that Corinne really likes peppers? Unfortunately, she seems to be phasing out of it. She didn't even touch the red pepper slices I gave her for dinner tonight.... Shame. It was so cute to see her eat them like an apple. Now I need to discover the new produce item she will eat. Honeydew melon seems to be the new hit...

 
For one of our "Fun Friday" adventures, Gma Bates invited us up for a trip to iJump. Those girls love that place! And it is easy to see why. :)






Ashtyn has been LOVING her gymnastics. She just thinks it is the greatest. She's always doing some sort of trick or stunt. Her cart-wheels are coming right along too. I pulled embarrassing mom and took my camera to one of her classes last month.  Of course, she is used to it and it didn't even phase her. 



Love this picture of her without a front tooth. :)


We've had crazy weather this spring. 70s one day, snowing the next. Overall it's been rather cold and windy (of course) so we haven't been outside as much as I'd like (babies and wind don't mix).  However, we have been to the park on all the good days. The girls LOVE to picnic right now. I have a feeling that that's how we'll be rolling this summer....picnics in the park. :) yea! Here's Corinne enjoying a treat at one of our picnics.

And the girls in the backyard:


And, lucky little Ashtyn WON this bike at her school's carnival! The store who donated it even let us take it back in and trade for a girl's version. So now she has one slightly larger (so it'll fit when she's grown out of her current bike) and hot pink. Lucky little thing! :)

And look at this super big ball we acquired. :) The girls love playing in it. :)


 



I really like this picture. Ashtyn and Corinne were having a "ball." I love how Ashtyn is in focus but Corinne is twirling around her.

Ah! so cute!



And there is sweet baby Madelyn. I say it every time, but what a doll! She is just an angel and we all love her to bits. She gets snuggled and kissed and hugged and mugged to death by all of us and she just takes it all in stride. 



She even smiled cute at Gma Bates's bday party, despite the uncomfortable bday hat. :)

Good, good month. Hard to believe April is over and we are well into May now. Hard to believe Ashtyn will be finished with kindergarten this month! We're so excited to have her home for the summer. Already dreading the fall when she goes to school full time. That's really going to throw a kink in Corinne's world....

Also, the other morning, it had snowed and the sun was coming up and the snow/sun/tulip combo in my front yard was truly enchanting. Alas, duty called and I couldn't get out to take photos of it until most of the snow had melted (which happened almost the second the sun was up). Still, I thought this tulip was pretty. :)



And next big project in our lives?


We're painting the house....
We are currently taking all advice to make it goes as smoothly and quickly as possible!
 Tyler has a week off in June and we want to paint the house and have time for him to relax/vacation a bit before he's right back at it.

1 comment:

Sister Tara Bowen said...

Great updates. I am so 100% with you on being excited for kindergarten to be done and so not looking forward to full day first grade. Terrible idea!