Friday, October 14, 2011

Pumpkins, pumpkins, and more pumpkins

First there was the U-Pick Pumpkin Patch


Complete with corn maze:

(How sweet is this?)


And little train to ride on.


While on the train ride, we got stuck, so we were instructed to cover our ears while the train "conductor" blew the whistle for help (it was LOUD!). Corinne thought it was pretty funny to have Grandma Bates cover her ears, so she didn't want my mom to let go for quite awhile later. It was pretty cute. :)

 
Then there was the Pumpkin Party at Grandma Bates's


Look at all those fun pumpkins! :) The kids and grownups alike had a great time eating fun fall food and playing in grandma's pumpkin patch.



And the kids in our family are just good-looking kids, wouldn't you agree?




Derek and Liz's little boy--isn't he adorable?



And then Mom made her girls hold still for pumpkin pictures




I love fall!!!

Other things of note over the past little while:

Ashtyn and I had a much-needed Mommy-Daughter date. We had such a good time! She some how convinced me to have frozen yogurt for lunch (admitedly, we were going to have frozen yogurt first then lunch, but we voted we were too full, so there you go). It was delicious. Ashtyn has expensive taste and REALLY likes to go to the Orange Leaf frozen yogurt bar. I think she just likes scooping up all the candy at the end to put on top.... :)

After that we went and played at the river. We played pirates. I would pick russian olives from a nearby tree, bury them, mark my stash with and X, and she would come and steal them. We did that for a looooonnng time. :) Afterwards she found a ledge to jump down from. We did that for seriously an hour. :) It was really nice to just let her do her thing.




Also, on October 6th, I took this picture of us playing in the leaves and eating snacks in our shorts and Ts.


And then on October 9th, I took this picture of us playing in the snow. Talk about a turn-around in the weather!!


I had to go to town and get Corinne some snow-duds. :)

I'm happy to report that we were back in our flip flops today. :)

And the last thing worthy of note is that Tyler will be home in T-minus 2 hours!!! He's been gone for weeks and weeks and weeks and we are ALL so happy to have him home.

No comments: