Monday, September 12, 2011
Camping, playing, splashing, running
Where are these two girls so anxious to get to?
Camping of course!
We went camping in Island Park with Grandma and Poppa Mayo for labor day weekend and really had a great time. I think we'd been there for 30 minutes before Ashtyn had us all convinced it was time to build a fire and roast marshmallows. :)
Corinne liked them too. :)
If you ask Ashtyn what her favorite part of the trip was she will tell you, "all the treats we got to eat!"
If you ask me, it was all the hiking! We got to see some really beautiful country. Probably my favorite was hiking Upper Coffee Pot. What a beautiful area! Loved, loved, loved it. We even found some huckleberries to munch on along the way. :)
We also went up to Big Springs, which I haven't been to in ages, so it was fun to go for lots of reasons.
Here's Ashtyn dipping her hands in the water. The report? "Freezing cold!"
The girls in their camping get-up (aka, miss-matched, dirty, no make-up...).
This is one of my favorite pictures--I just think they look too cute. :) Corinne walked around all morning refusing to put her jacket actually on but being perfectly content to wear it like a cape from her head. Goofy girl.
It really was a fun trip. The girls struggled a bit--Ashtyn was tired going into the trip and then 3 more days of no naps didn't help her temperment one bit. And poor Corinne was teething and getting over a cold and tired and a little disorientated, so she had some (a few too many in my opinion) rough moments. By the time it was time to go home I was REALLY ready to go--get them home and clean and back to some sort of normal-ness (which actually did help all the whining and crying--thank goodness. Otherwise I was about to sale them to the gypsies!!!) But, that being said, I did enjoy the trip and even in hind sight I'd choose to do it again. :) There hasn't been enough camping and hiking during the last few years of our life. :)
Other fun things we've been up to:
We went to the Funland and Tautphus Park with my mom and had a great time.
Here we are on the carousel--the girls thought that was pretty fun. Corinne kept making her horse noise, which consists of blowing spit everywhere, repeatedly.
Corinne also REALLY wanted to go on the airplanes. Too scary for Ashtyn, and Corinne just about panicked when I walked away, but, as you can see, she thought it was pretty fun.
Ashtyn did however try the Ferris Wheel for the first time and was very proud of herself that she was brave enough to do it and excited that she could "see for miles and miles and miles."
The kids have also been enjoying their kiddie pool quite a bit--especially Corinne. One afternoon she became particularly wild and had us all quite entertained!
And clear back at the end of August, I ran my 1st half marathon! After about 11 miles I was certain it was my last one too. :) But, now I'm hunting for another one to run. Haven't been running in 6 days and I'm about to go crazy! Kind of sick, isn't it?
Here's a picture of me crossing the finish line--I'm the one in white that's half cut-off from the picture, but it is all I have. :)
Other than all that, it's life as usual at our place. It's been a fun month though. I was a bit angry that summer was over (moving in the early-middle of summer has a way of taking up your entire summer) but am now looking forward to fall--I think it's my favorite (maybe).
Lots of love!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So fun! Lucy still talks about camping with Ashtyn, but can't remember her name anymore so she talks about "that girl." We need more camping in our lives! Sounds like a fun summer, and congrats on the half marathon. Wow!
Post a Comment