Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Happenings

Warmer weather at long last!

I think Ashtyn looks crazy like me in this picture. I always think it is kind of an odd feeling to see yourself in another.



Mostly the girls and I get out, but we went out hiking up to the waterfall at Rotary Park with Tyler one weekend too.


 Love this picture. More here.

 Happiness is.... Family Home Evening! At least that's what our girls think. :) This treat is always a hit--jello-filled cantaloupe. Recipe here.



 Here's the girls playing out in the "yard" after church one Sunday (the sides and back of the house aren't planted). I think they both look pretty cute--Ashtyn in her fancy Christmas dress and sneakers and Corinne in her jams and bunny hat. :)



This was one of my favorite dresses from when Ashtyn was little; it's fun to see Corinne in it now.  

I also recently turned the big 2-9. The age I will remain forever. :) It was a pretty good day--Tyler and the girls got me all sorts of stuff for my new interest: terrariums. I'm excited to get them going. We all made my traditional carrot cake too, but that one didn't out so well. :) Dry, over baked cake with runny, too-sweet frosting....oh well. That's what happens when you half recipes and don't have all the ingredients you need anyway.... I share the picture here just to show that yes, I have baking flops too. It looks much better here than it did in real life. :)


Hope all is well with you.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

i scrolled through the pictures quick and than saw the cake- so i looked for a recipe! lol- it looks like it was good. Too bad it was a flop. You fooled me.