Sunday, October 31, 2010

Ashtyn's Halloween List

Ashtyn told me a month ago that we needed to make a list. "A list of things to do at Halloween time." Here's what was on her list:

1. Make jack-o-lanterns.
Ashtyn drew the face herself (Ty helped a bit with the mouth) and Ty carved it out. The killer "scar" on the side was actually an eyebrown gone wild.




2. Dress up in costumes.
Ashtyn and Corinne were forest faries, and as everyone stopped us on the street to say, very pretty little forest fairies at that. Ashtyn truly looked adorable and so sweet and everyone got quite a kick out of Corinne in fairy wings. Corinne pretty much just tried to eat her costume....



3. Go Trick-or-Treating.
We actually went twice: one time at our ward Halloween party/carnival/chili cook off and one time in the downtown district of Casper.

Here's Ashtyn playing the fishing game at the carnival. It was pretty much the only game she'd play. She's getting much braver, but still rather timid and asking her to go up to someone in a costume to do something new is asking way too much....


I'll put a spell on you!!!

And here's Corinne eating her costume. And Ty. He told me he'd dress up for Halloween if I got him a really cool costume like an Indian Jones costume complete with hat and whip. So now I've got a year.... 

1 comment:

Kimberlee said...

I never told you how much I love the girls Halloween costumes. Way to go you. They turned out so precious.