Wednesday, October 13, 2010

And we have crawling...

Corinne has been mobile for quite some time now--rolling around, scootin', sitting herself up and flopping over to another side, but this week she mastered the art of crawling. It's one of those things that is really fun and exciting--and terrifying all at once. When Ashtyn learned to crawl, she was older (almost 9 months--Corinne is just 7 1/2 months) and understood "no" much better, and I knew I could keep the house "baby proof" but now that Ashtyn is a 3-year-old and leaves raisens and cheerios and beads everywhere.... We've had lots of talks about how it's our job to keep Corinne safe and so far Ashtyn is awesome about it, but that doesn't mean I'm not nervous about my baby being on the move.

This week we went to a bridge by our house to play and chuck rocks over the edge. Highlight of the week for Ashtyn I think--watching rocks make big splashes below. She's so easy to please though. The other day I asked her if she wanted to go to a toy store or to the mountains. Without hesitation she said, "MOUNTAINS!!"


And, yes, I dressed my girls in matching clothes. Isn't it great? :)

Then today we went further down the river to walk and explore at Morad Park. It had a nice paved path to walk on and the weather was wonderful. We've really been trying to enjoy all the nice weather while we can--apparently this has been an exceptionally warm fall here. Won't hear me complaining!! It's been beautiful and we've made and effort to spend time outside as much as possible. We even had family night in the mountains roasting hot dogs this Monday. :)

1 comment:

carol said...

Way to go Corinne!