Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day weekend

I must say, I didn't feel much like crowds or celebrating much of anything this Memorial Day, so we went to one of our favorite quiet spots here in Des Moines. It's a little park right by the West Des Moines public library. We've been trying to "hit" all our favorite locations before we leave here for good, and we weren't disappointed with this trip.

I fed Corinne (and took some pictures) while Ashtyn and Tyler waded in the stream:


It's a great little nature walk. Ashtyn was impressed by the stairs.


Earlier in the week we beat the heat by spending some time in a kiddy pool.

And Corinne is now 3 months old! Crazy how time flies. She's a happy little baby and we sure enjoy her. Ashtyn has seemed to adjusted to life with a baby in the house and is quite sweet with her now (not that she wasn't before, but now Ashtyn will talk directly to Corinne and include her in all of her "plans.")


2 comments:

Christia said...

I can't believe she's 3 months old already! Super cute!

Shane and Jill said...

Hello Mayo family! How are you all doing? I am shocked to get on here and see how big Ashton is and to for the first time view your precious new baby Corrine. How are things in Iowa? We are good here in Montana...Lily is getting big...9 months now. I will be starting a new blog soon and will give you the address when it is created. How is my lovely plant doing? hehe...I am sure you are taking great care of her for me...we appreciate your friendship that you provided while we were your neighbors. I am sorry that you lost your dad. I remember meeting him when him and your mom came to visit. I am sure he is greatly missed. Take care, and we will talk to you soon! :)