This is my dad, James William Bates. I love him. He passed away unexpectedly two weeks ago.
.JPG)
I thought I'd get on here and write a lot. Try to make everyone understand what a great person he was and how the whole world is lacking without him in it--how everyone liked him. Try to express how unreal it all feels; how sad it feels to realize I won't get to see him smile at my accomplishments or watch him exude happiness as he sees my children. Words can't really express though, and the heaviness of my heart is painful.
I'm thankful for him and thankful that I was lucky enough to have a father who always showed me how much he loved me.
.JPG)

Saturday, May 15th was his funeral. I can't believe I attended my own father's funeral.
Sunday, May 16th: Corinne was blessed
Does life really just continue at such a relentless pace?
.JPG)
It felt kind of weird to bless her the day after my father's funeral. I wish she could have met him in person. I wish she could have got to know him as Ashtyn did. I'm thankful though for modern technology--at least he got to see her.
.JPG)
These are our first family photos of all four of us.
.JPG)
Corinne and her Grandma Mayo
.JPG)
Corinne and her Daddy. From her blessing, it sounds that she will grow into a delightful girl. She certainly is now.
Three generations: my mom, me, and my two girls.
.JPG)
Corinne and Grandma Bates
.JPG)
Monday, May 17th: Jaxe (pronounced "Jacks") James Bates is born to my brother and his wife, Derek and Liz.
8 lbs 14 oz and a handsome little feller. He looks like and was named after my dad.
.JPG)
Proud father. Everybody who knows my brother, loves him.
.JPG)
.JPG)
Corinne and
Jaxe--just 2 months apart.
The baby is awake now, so I suppose that is all I will say for now. I must go and do my motherly duty.
16 comments:
I am totally bawling for you right now. I am so sorry about your loss. I know you love your dad and I can't imagine how you feel right now. My deepest sympathies.
How nice that you got to be close to Derek when their baby was born. Such a cute little guy. And so fun for Corrine to have a same age cousin. Corrine looks so sweet in her white blessing dress!
I am so sorry to hear about your dad!! What a rollercoaster of a weekend you must have had! Congrats on the baby blessing and the new little nephew! I hope that the blessing you have in your life can somehow bring you comfort during this rough time! Love you!
Jaime!
I know you won’t remember me but we went to high school together. I wanted to leave you this note because I just read your post and I wanted you to know that I met your dad once. He was in front of me and some friends at Legends gas station (corner of Ammon & 17th) and when he found out that we went to Hillcrest, we had a great conversation with him about your work on the paper, your ACT score and how incredibly proud of you he was. You might wonder why some scary girl randomly tell you of this meeting but it’s because I remember thinking that I wanted to marry someone who was unafraid to brag about our children to everyone!
I know that you don’t need me to tell you how proud your dad was of you but as someone who unexpectedly lost my mom two months ago, I thought you might appreciate a neutral third party point of view.
Hugs
Katie Burke
Just breaks my heart to see this. I still cant believe it is real. Just does not seem possible. I love you all!
Jaime,
I heard about your dad a few days ago, and I can't stop thinking about you. I hope you are doing alright - I've been there and I know how impossibly hard it is. He seems like an amazing dad and I remember hearing about him on more than one occasion when we were visiting you. We are thinking about you and praying for your family. Let me know if you need someone to talk to - I'm a good listener. :)
Jamie, I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain. My dad is on the old side (he was 50 when I was born) and although he's in good health, I dread having to go through what you just did. I am so sorry.
You look like him. A lot.
I am so sorry for your loss. That is a tremendous loss for you and your family.
The circle of life definitely goes on in those new little babies which are super cute!
Jamie... I'm so heartbroken for you. You are totally amazing. So crazy busy from funerals, blessings to birth. Hope you get a moment to sit, cry, sleep, maybe someone could feed you. Your family is adorable. I know it's keeping you smiling, even through tears. I love you xoxo you and yours and in my heart, thoughts and prayers.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Words can't express, and don't begin to even help you feel better. Please let me know if there's anything that I can do to help you. I'm really, really sorry.
Jaime-
I am soooo sorry about your father!
I can't even imagine how you feel right now.We had no idea! You are in our thoughts and prayers.Our deepest sympathy and love!
Your cousins in TX
Jaime, sweet Jamie... I was thinking about how weird you thought it felt to go from your fathers' funeral to your little's baby blessing (which is adorable/precious)and it made me think back to when my mom and i were at my wedding cater's house picking out thing when my mom got the phone call that my grandma's surgery results were in and she was full of cancer. My grandma passed away about 2 weeks after our wedding. My mom always said I think Heavenly Father made sure that a wonderful event had to surround such a tuff time so we could make it threw it and I still think of that to this date. I think he had a special celebration so some happiness could heal some heartache. A special moment.
Bless your heart! That is special to have a little nephew after him. It looks like he'll be your number one fan cheering you on from abovve. He will always be your angel watching you , Tyler and your sweet ones. Love You!
I loved your tribute to your father. He sounds like the best dad ever. I know you will miss him. Aren't you glad we know we will all be together again someday?!
Jaime, I just saw this today and don't know exactly what to say. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Your dad was truly a great guy. I really wish I had something more profound to say about such a life changing event. The gospel can bring much peace in these times and we are lucky to have it. We are all lucky to have known your dad. Please let us know if there is anything we could possibly do.
I'm so sorry Jaime. That's really are there is to say. My heart breaks for you. Sweet little ones make it a little bit easier though.
So sorry about your dad. He was a great man and great uncle. He will be greatly missed. The girls are so sweet and so pretty. It is a blessing to have healthy little ones. Hang in there! Our thoughts and prayers are with you and the fam.
Jamie-
I am so SO sorry to hear about your dad. I am praying for you and your family. May you feel your fathers love in all you do. I'm certain he will be watching over you, Tyler and your precious girls.
My deepest symphathy and love,
Kim
Post a Comment