Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween fun

I've said it before, but holidays sure are a lot more fun with kids around. You just can't beat all the excitement they have for life. We certainly had a fun season watching Ashtyn be excited and experience life. I tried REALLY hard to be a cool mom on Halloween night and let her eat all the candy she wanted (which really isn't much since suckers are her favorite and she thinks licking them is the way to go--it takes her forever to finish anything) and stay up a little late and play with all the treats but in the end I, of course, ended up stressing out trying to get her to go to sleep hours too late. I just can't handle an over tired child well, and it just makes matters worse that I know it's my fault that she's acting the way she is! Anyway, it was a fun night. We went to the ward Halloween party, and Ashtyn just thought it was awesome--everything from the soup in the cup to the little bottles of water to the fact that she got to eat TWO cookies AND some candy to the little boy who played the violin (there was a talent show). We all went as the Wizard of Oz gang, but mostly the kids dressed up while us grown ups threw something together at the last minute. We went trunk-or-treating, which was great for her little legs. She caught right on to the if-you-say-trick-or-treat-you-will-get-candy deal, so she actually said it at pretty much every trunk and had the time of her life.

Our Wizard of Oz bunch:


Mmmm suckers. Her fav.

What a cute little jack-o-lantern. Ty tried to convince her to do a scary face, but Ashtyn is a bit spooky about things, so she informed him that she wanted, "a jolly happy face" wherever that came from... ;) We drew her a few and this was the one she picked.




She insisted on "helping" carve the pumpkin. She would hold Ty's arm and move it back and forth as he sawed threw the flesh to make a face.

Cute little witch, huh?


And the Dorothy costume? Totally her idea. She loves to watch Dorothy sing songs on youtube. I caught her in the act of singing a few times this week:
Follow the Yellow Brick Road (notice what she is building):




Somewhere over the rainbow. She actually can sing the whole thing and it's about the sweetest thing you can imagine. She just got a little stage fright. (sorry it's so dark--evidently we needed more lamps on.)

6 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

cutest little singer!!!

shelley said...

That is soooooo cute, how fun, wish we could be closer.

Nadia said...

Congratulations, you look so cute with your little belly.

Eric and Breah said...

Hi Jaime,
Wow it has been forever and your little family is adorable!! I get an occasional update from Mandy about you and your family but it was so good to hear from you. Congrats on your second little one on the way, your little girl is so CUTE. Yes, you should definitely come back to Idaho when you are all done with training. We should keep in touch and maybe catch up the next time you are in Idaho. My inlaws are all in Shelley so we are up in Idaho Falls area quite a bit and will be there for sure for Thanksgiving. I hope all is going well with your pregnancy and we are way close on dates because they just moved our due date to Feb 10th.
Breah

Eric and Breah said...

Hi Jaime,
Wow it has been forever and your little family is adorable!! I get an occasional update from Mandy about you and your family but it was so good to hear from you. Congrats on your second little one on the way, your little girl is so CUTE. Yes, you should definitely come back to Idaho when you are all done with training. We should keep in touch and maybe catch up the next time you are in Idaho. My inlaws are all in Shelley so we are up in Idaho Falls area quite a bit and will be there for sure for Thanksgiving. I hope all is going well with your pregnancy and we are way close on dates because they just moved our due date to Feb 10th.
Breah

Christia said...

Oh man I love Ashtyn! Seriously she's super cute! I love the singing!