Friday, September 12, 2008

So, I guess I'm a professor....

Things have been pretty crazy around here lately--mostly because I started teaching last week. I teach Medical Microbiology at Mercy College of Health Sciences Monday and Wednesday mornings and Monday and Tuesday Evenings. Ashtyn gets to play with her aunt Emily and cousin David during the morning class and gets some good one-on-one time with Tyler during the evening class.

People keep asking me, so do you like it? And the answer is "I think so, but I'm not quite sure." I think it feels a little too soon to pass judgement on it. So far, keeping on top of preparing lectures and writing and grading quizes and exams has left me with not a moment to spare. Well, that's not entirely true--Tyler made me PROMISE that I would take some time for myself everyday (I'm not the nicest person when I don't), hence this blog. I have scheduled myself from 9:30 to 10:00 PM every day and a half hour during Ashtyn's last nap. I'm OK at sticking to it, but he told me last night that I need to be better at it, so here I am, relaxing and trying not to stress about falling behind. :)

No really, I think I will enjoy it. It is extremely time consuming at the moment, but I think that that will get better once I get in the swing of things. It's nice to do something different besides take care of Ashtyn and Tyler, and I do like teaching people about how cool biology is.

Ashyn's a doll as you can see:


2 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

WOW, go mama! I can't believe you are teaching. YOu seem why too young and cute to be a professor, definitely smart enough though. I'm so happy for you and I hope it all does work out and that you really love it. I would totally take your class. You have such a loving husband, you lucky girl.

Miranda said...

Wow...a whole hour to yourself. :) We should live closer together and I could help you find a little more time in your day to waste.