Wednesday, November 20, 2013

My baby turns one

Oh, my cute little baby is now 1 year old. 
It is trite to say, but she has grown so fast and this year has flown by in a blink. She is sweet and smart, fun-loving and spunky. What a doll.
Here she is the other day eating a non-dairy yogurt (total oxymoron, but I was quite surprised at how good it was). :)

12 months old:
 

 11 months old:


10 months old:


9 months old: 


8 months old:

7 months old: 


6 months old: 


5 months old: 


4 months old: 

 
3 months old:


2 months old: 


1 month old:


2 days old:

I feel sad that she is now 1 year old. I also feel excited to watch her learn and grow and that she is now so fun to play with and do things with; she loves to play peek-a-boo and roll the ball especially. But, the whole concept of time being lost is so saddening. I told my mother awhile ago something that I had realized (at least I completely believe it to be truth and something that can be "realized" as opposed to just "decided") but I believe that in heaven you will have a complete restoration of your memory. And specifically in this sense, I believe I will be able to remember all the good of my babies. I hope that is true. It makes sense that it is and I hold that thought dear to me that perhaps the memories and feelings of this first year of her life aren't really gone forever and won't suffer through the dimming of time forever.

1 comment:

Sally said...

a beautiful girl! fun to see her become herself.