Thursday, October 3, 2013

Potato Gleaning and Random Cuteness


What fun we had gleaning potatoes from the harvested fields!
 We picked all sorts of shapes and sizes and the girls enjoyed doing something new and dirty.
Thanks Sally for sharing your pictures! (My hands were too full with baby and potatoes.)






I like this picture of Corinne. I was trying to get a picture of Madelyn in this hat with ridiculously huge pom-pom, but got this instead. :)



Not to be thwarted though, I tried again and again to get a picture of Madelyn in this cute hat, and I finally got one that was acceptable. :)



Love this picture though. We've been walking Ashtyn to school in the mornings, and every other day I try to go running afterwards with the younger two girls.  They seem to really like it. Madelyn just soaks up the world around her and is always the first to spot some sort of living animal and promptly starts "barking." Corinne likes to get all decked out (as you can see) and 99% of the time requests that we run past the "deer statues" which she is sure are statues of Bambi and Faline and their respective mothers. After the deer statues, it is strait to the "secret passageway" which is a lovely little hidden sidewalk with trees that over hang on either side and make a natural roof. It really is kind of enchanting for the 1/2 of a block that it is. :) We've been checking the pear tree that hangs over the fence every time we go by, but they are still too hard.



2 comments:

Sally said...

My pleasure. I of course did little work because of the camera and Margaret. I guess it is always a trade off.
Corinne looks awesome with the sunglasses.

RAPN! said...

So cute! I love that you are wearing sweaters! Mine are still on the top shelf in the closet. Sigh...
We are having a cold front come in though. It should be a whopping 81 degrees tomorrow! HAHA :) Better than the 94 today with 100 percent humidity!