Sunday, June 3, 2012
Dr. and Dr. at long last. :)
It's official! Tyler graduation from med school! :) I think it'd feel more real if we were REALLY done and didn't have residency also to now complete. Or maybe it's just weird that he's not a student anymore--I mean, he's been going to school since he was 5. It really is difficult to believe that the four years of school are over though. Crazy, but so very nice. So much has happened since we started this long trip, not to mention 3 houses in 3 different states. I almost wonder if it'll be weird to "settle" more and stay in one place? Or will it just be heavenly?
Anyway...
Graduation was truly great. Long, as to be expected, but the speakers did a wonderful job--the keynote address was given by an ex-surgeon general with quite the impressive resume and outlook on life in general; we really enjoyed his talk.
Most fun of all though was being hooded and receiving his diploma.
Look how happy he looks after graduating! :)
Here we are with Tyler's sister Emily and her husband Jason who graduated on the same day. It was fun and comforting to have us all in the same boat together. Emily and I used to always joke how fun it would be if Tyler and Jason went to the same medical school, never actually imagining that it would happen!
And with Tyler's parents now...
And last but not least, here are a few shots of what I love most about Iowa--how green it is! Tyler and I made the trip back out there for graduation without the girls, which made the car ride SOOOOOO much more enjoyable. It was weird to be foot-loose and fancy free. Not having to take breaks in the middle of the day for naps, eating whenever we felt like it, shopping and sight-seeing for hours without having to worry about little ones. Weird. Nice, but weird. Anyway, we had time to go play frisbee golf at the course near Saylorville Lake--BEAUTIFUL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
awesome, congrats Tyler!
Horray for your updates, and I do think you should enter your pictures in a summer photo contest! I look forward to seeing pictures of your new home. And you'll be going to my church in Pocatello. I didn't realize that until you typed that you'd be in walking distance to your church. I hope you think of me when you go there!
Congrats to Tyler! How exciting! So happy for you. Just think...you received your PHT-Pushing Hubby Through!
Congratulation Tyler!!
Post a Comment