(Also, note her adorable outfit. It was only $4--the whole thing! I love Old Navy Clearance on the Clearance racks. :)
Tyler and I had a little dinner party tonight, which with a toddler means that from the time we got up in the morning our day revolved around cooking dinner and treats and cleaning the house. (I didn't even cook anything fancy--just broccoli cheese soup, a crusty bread and some ginger bread men.) Ashtyn was so fun to cook with today! She had a great time standing on the chair licking beaters and helping sort the chopped potatoes and broccoli. She was just a doll in her apron, and it was fun for me to be able to spend time having fun with her in that way.
So, I am officially finished teaching until the 5th, and I can't even begin to describe the freedom I feel! I've said it over and over again, but it was just soooo much work this semester! I never had a minute to breath. Also, it had a somewhat negative effect on my relationship with Ashtyn because the whole time she was awake it was difficult for me not to be thinking about how I was going to have to stay up until midnight--1 AM--even 2 AM working (I'm pretty sure I got less sleep over the past few months than I did when Ashtyn was a newborn. Maybe not, but it's got to be close). Mostly it was a nice break to be able to play with her, but there were times where I just wished I could finish my work and get more sleep! All that is behind me now though. Now I'm armed with the priceless gift of experience. Also, I have my lectures, homework, quizes and tests written so now I only have to tweak, not create. I think next semester I'll do a much better job, have much more time to enjoy it and my family life, and be able to spend time doing other things. I am very optimistic about it. I did have a few students at the end leave me nice notes that gave me the warm fuzzy teacher feeling every teacher wants, so that was nice and made me feel more confident about the past semester and those in the future.
1 comment:
That first semester is a killer. And since we moved after I did one semester, I decided the teaching at a different college every couple or years wouldn't work for me. That's when I picked a new profession. But you get to enjoy the second semester!! Yeah I'm sure that will be so much better.
Post a Comment