Saturday, November 1, 2008

Out for a walk

Ashtyn looked so cute the other day all decked out in her matchng hat, shoes, shirt and pants that I had to get the camera out. We were just going out to the dumpster, which isn't very far away, but it usually takes us about a half and hour if I let her walk. There's so much to see!

Mostly I get a lot of pictures like this since she is too busy running away from me:





Here we stopped to look at the flowers that our neighbor had planted. She's deep in thought because she'd just heard a bird....



And here I asked her where the flowers were so she was pointing very emphatically where they were. When we are reading books and there are a lot of a particular thing (flowers, rabbits, etc.) rather than pointing to each one, she'll use her whole hand and rub it all over the page as if to say, "they're everywhere!"




And here's a little video of her running everywhere:

We've been pretty sick with the stomach flu at our house, but I think we're finally on the mend! Ashtyn's appetite has come back with a vengence too. She wanted to eat all day today and at noon when she was eating her 3rd meal of the day, which was an entire grilled tuna and cheese sandwhich (which she LOVED), I thought surely she was just stocking up and would last until dinner time. Nope, she ate 3 more meals after that! She would just ask to eat over and over again (she either uses her sign for eat or will wrinkle her nose clear up and say "snaa, snaa" which translates to "snack" which really means "meal". In fact, if I ask her if she wants breakfast/lunch/dinner she makes it very clear that she does NOT WANT breakfast/lunch/dinner--she wants a "snaa!" I give her the same foods for meals and snacks, silly girl....) I'd finally give in to her demands for more food, thinking she'd eat a few bites and be done, but then she'd go all out and eat a full meal. Where does it go? Anyway, at least she's feeling better, which makes me feel a lot better. Taking care of a sick baby isn't the easiest thing in the world.

7 comments:

carol said...

What a sweet little giggle! She is just too cute for words in her little outfit. So glad to here she is feeling better and eating you out of house and home!

The Jones Family said...

I would have to agree that it is exhausting trying to take care of the little ones whne they are sick. Although, its seems there is a lot of "holding and loving" time. Who said things need to be done around the house :)
ains

Kate said...

Aw...so sad when little ones are sick. I'm glad Ashtyn is feeling better. She's so darling in that little outfit. Cute!

Kimberlee said...

Little outfit, adorable!
Her walking, adorable!
Ashtyn, adorable!

Nadia said...

Glad to hear she's not sick anymore. She looks so cute in that outfit. How are you doing?

shelley said...

Ashtyn is so full of life, and is always happy & on the go. I'm glad she is feeling better, and has her appetite back. She definitely has a fashion statement, so cute.

Unknown said...

Jaime she is absolutely the cutest little thing ever! Her little hat and polka-dot pants...I am glad to hear she is doing better!!